torsdag 2 augusti 2012

Courage and heart


Life in Sweden, I did not think I would adjust this quickly. In only a couple do days I where back in my old life. Or so I tought. 
Here I now sit in one of my first moments alone, my first time to breathe and look a bit at what I have created. It may seam like it's the same life but I see a big difference. I now see what an opportunity life is, or I see it more clearly than before. I have always known I can do anything I set my mind on. But I have not every thought I could set my mind on something bigger. I have discovered a life where I want to challenge myself, challenge myself to face my fears. 

Like at work, my biggest fear is to call people and ask them to pay the invoices. I my first challenge was to pick up the phone. The first days I could sit and just stare at the number. What I wanted was to have a strategy for how I could make it. I was so afraid of making a mistake, say the wrong thing, to fail. But I could not for my life understand how I could now what the man in the other end would answer. After two days of taking care of other tasks, pushing my dreaded call into the future, I decided; I just had to do it. 


The first call did not go very well, I was nervous and insecure. The second did not ether go well, nor the third or the fourth. But I made it in the end. It took some time but after every call I felt better, even though I had not achieved my goal I had got some more information, another lesson, and I tried again and again. What a wonderful feeling I got each time I hung up the phone, or the man in my ear to so. I had done it again, failed getting our money, but still i tried again, fighting even though my whole body was shaking.

It's an amazing feeling, discovering I did not fail even thou I did not achieve my goal. Discovering this was how I was learning. Discovering that by fighting in a position were I felt the most week I got an extremely wonderful felling of confidence and proudness over myself. 
So now, every time I think “no I can’t do that” I want to reflect over why and if I discover it’s because I’m afraid, afraid of failing or making a fool out of myself I will do it. Just because of that. If I’m afraid of shouting when I’m out walking I will do it, prove to myself I can do it, can do anything.


To my two sisters - Because you always have the courage and heart to do as you feel.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Powerful! Du skriver bra, beskriver rädsla och utveckling. Ämnet har jag alltid funnit intressan, för att det är en upplevelse som alla beskriver olika men förstår samma. Du ÄR modig, det har jag alltid tyckt!

    Utdrag från min politiska motion, 2008.
    Kom att tänka på den när jag läste din
    text;
    "Sometimes I wish I had more fear. It may sound strange but most of the time I see no borders to cross or walls to crash. Is that wrong? I certainly don't believe so but at the same time how can I see the development I'm going through? It's there but for me is a blur, so may I stop?"

    SvaraRadera
  2. Du skriver helt fantastiskt!!! Du skall ge dig in i något som har med skrivning, känslor, uttrycka, tankar....
    Go for it!!!! Som Bea skriver du är DU ÄR MODIG!!!!
    älskar dig

    SvaraRadera